Project Management software is used to plan, track and manage projects as well as resources. It allows you to automate and integrate scheduling, budgeting, forecasting and resource management in a single application. Project Management software helps you to track costs and project plans – from opportunity phase all the way to project completion.
Who should use Project Management Software?
- Project Managers – instantly view progress of your projects, make changes or updates.
- Resources Planners – optimize resource planning and resource scheduling using a real-time overview of staff availability when creating plans
- Staff – allow employees, consultants or subcontractors to enter their time against specific projects. This then automatically updates planning and financial management.
- Senior Executives – view real-time reports and key metrics. Projects are always up-to-date with live data
When is it time to switch to a project management solution?
- If you are managing multiple projects it may be time to consolidate all your project information in one integrated system. You will be able to have a much clearer view of current and future project plans and schedule accordingly.
- If you need to determine whether proposed fees are accurate, appropriate staff is available and allocated effectively you will need access to a system with real-time project updates, financial data as well as historic project data to aid with decision making.
- If you are finding it difficult to report on multiple projects using Excel.
The aim of project management software is to:
- Gain a real-time view on project progress, identify potential problems early on and make decisions quickly to avoid bigger problem further along.
- Plan the right people, with the right skills, on the right projects
- Improve efficiency and, ultimately, project profitability
Product Overview: Deltek Vision Resource and Project Management
Deltek Vision Resource and Project Management ensures the right people are on the right projects at the right time. It automates project planning, scheduling, resource allocation, budgeting and forecasting to help projects come in on time and on budget with high levels of profitability.
Timesheet entries and expense reports feed actual costs back into the project plan for an accurate rolling forecast that managers can use to make faster, more informed decisions and ensure projects stay on track. Deltek Vision Resource Planning delivers the capabilities to project and resource managers that enable them to take decisive action to better manage project-related risks.